The importance of play, especially as we head into the summer months, is more important than ever. We’re slowly transitioning into this new normal as we grow closer to post-pandemic. For this particular episode, as things re-open and it’s physically possible to be together again, we’re focusing on the importance of play in nature. Kids will be returning to summer and day camps. We're joined by Site Supervisor of South Lake Tahoe Catalyst Kids, Alexis Hughes, and Program Coach, Sarah Richie who will share their passion and experiences with us as well as valuable resources that can be found below.
- Learn about the benefits of playing in nature.
- What is Play-Based Learning?
- How do you enhance play in the classroom environment?
- How do you maintain child engagement in purposeful play?
- “Plan ahead” Resource for play based on books.
- Why is it important to make playtime a priority?
- Resource “Using play to Build Resilience and Promote Healing”
- Additional Resources
- FEZ (Family Enrichment Zone)